Saturday, August 7, 2010

Place Mat Wall Art

DSCN1158

Here is another one of my favorite projects. I love that it is so thrifty and simple. I found the idea for this in a Better Homes and Gardens DIY magazine. I had the place mats lying around but it was about two years before I finally found the right spot in my house to hang them .

DSCN1160

When I did finally put everything together it took my maybe 5 minutes. I used 3/4" binder rings, which I bought for about 25 cents a piece at a local print shop. To make the holes for the rings I used an antique leather punch, but you could probably find something around the house that would work. I measured in a few inches on each side and punched a hole, connected the mats with the binder rings, and voila instant thrifty wall deco.

DSCN1171

I loved this project so much that I did it again in my daughter's room.


All in all, this entire project cost less than $15.00! I paid around $2.00 a piece for place mats and about $2.00 total for the rings. Oh, so thrifty!

No comments:

Post a Comment