Saturday, August 7, 2010

The Kitchen Cart



This little beauty was dirt cheap, but it took a bit of elbow grease to really get it to shine. I picked it up at an auction for $1. No one else even bid on it. It was rusty and dirty, and the poor thing was barely standing! I brought it home and took it all apart and cleaned it up first. I sanded down the shelves with fine sand paper and then gave them a few coats of high gloss spray paint. One shelf was so rusted that I couldn't really get it smooth, so it ended up on the bottom where it is now covered by a tote full of toys.

The chrome sides were also pretty rusted. But I learned a while ago that S.O.S. pads work wonders on chrome. So a box of S.O.S pads and a pretty big mess later, these legs were gleaming! All that was left was putting it all back together, finding a spot for it as a side table in my family room and throwing a few accent pieces on.

This sweat little cart cost less than $10! I'm planning on keeping it around forever. I can imagine it in several different spots throughout my house. Who knows maybe someday it'll even make its way to my kitchen!

No comments:

Post a Comment