Wednesday, August 11, 2010

A Dress for my Bird

On nights I can't sleep, I do what every normal person does; I cut out dress patterns. I have made several of these little reversible kimono dresses. They are so easy and take about 1 hour to sew. So while I sit up and eat granola and watch Jimmy Kimmel Live, I cut out a couple of patterns to sew the next morning.

I bought this dress pattern off Etsy for next to nothing. I love shopping for patterns on Etsy. They are typically very affordable, and I like knowing that I'm supporting others who are making a living from their creativity. And speaking of Etsy, I'm in the midst of opening a little Etsy shop with my mom and sister called Fabric Covered Bon Bons. Be on the lookout for future updates!


Here is my little bird in her completed kimono dress. This little ditty only cost me a few dollars to create, but I'm pretty sure the cuteness is priceless.

1 comment: