Thursday, September 2, 2010

Any Berry Scones

I have been making these fantastic scones almost every weekend lately. We've had lots of fresh berries around and this is a great way to use them up. I've made these with blueberries, raspberries, and even a frozen berry mix. All delicious! I am not even close to a pastry chef and I can make these scones with no problems.

Berry Scones
(makes 8-10 scones)

2 1/2 Cups Flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
3 TBSP. sugar
1 Cup Berries
6 TBSP butter
3/4 Cup Milk

Preheat oven at 425 degrees. In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt. Cut in Butter. Mix will look like coarse break crumbs. Add berries and then pour in milk. With a fork, mix together until mixture blends. Add flour to your hands and form into a ball. Between 2 sheets of wax or parchment paper, roll out dough into a large circle (about 1/2" thick) and cut into wedges (like a pizza). Transfer on to a greased cookie sheet and back for ~ 12 minutes.

3 comments:

  1. How do you keep the berries from juicing all over into the dough - my scones came out totally purple.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As long as I'm using fresh berries and am careful when I stir them, everything comes out decent. But when I use frozen berries my scones turn pretty rosy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was just informed yesterday of Macy's LOVE of scones (when we were at Revelations) so I'm making them now : )

    ReplyDelete