Tuesday, October 12, 2010

DIY Wedding Programs


This is the current state of my desk; a drying space for my wedding programs. I have been marking little tasks off my Wedding To Do List, slowly but surely. The dress hasn't been started, but I think we'll get to that this week. But in the mean time, I created these simple, yet lovely programs.


There is no way I was going to pay the cost of printing elsewhere and I liked the idea of creating something that was unique. I found a sample program online that I liked and pretty much copied the format and used similar fonts and styles. Our ceremony is going to be short and sweet, so I didn't need to include that in the program. I wanted to keep it at one page length.

The paper is 4.5" X 6.5" scrapbook paper that I bought for $5 (for pack of 60) at Jo Ann's. The tree stamp was $10 (from Jo Ann's), but I used it on my invitations as well (also DIY) and I'm sure I'll use it again and again. Making it well worth the money.


The front of the paper (I printed on the back) looks like this, all shiny and pretty. It only took me about one evening (while watching T.V.) to get the formatting right and then the length Wren's nap time to print them out and stamp each one. I love how they turned out and the whole thing cost my less than $20!! One task crossed off. The list gets shorter!



3 comments:

  1. Those look great! Thanks for stopping by my blog...you'll have to let me know how your shirt refit goes! Am following you now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sarah! I'm cutting and sewing all kinds of clothes that don't fit me quite right. I think I just might end up with a whole "new" wardrobe from all this refitting and refashioning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did such a nice job on them! Thank you for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete