Wednesday, October 6, 2010

A Big Girl Bed on the Cheap

My wild little one and half year old recently broke her ancient crib, so instead of buying another one to use for probably less than a year, we decided to pull the big girl bed out of the attic. The bed itself was given to us by a relative, so that was absolutely free! The bed set was a yard sale find. It is in great condition and it only cost me $5.00 for the whole thing! That is sheets, pillowcase, sham, comforter, and bed skirt. Five bucks, seriously!


I like to have some kind of pillow between the kids and the wall because our stone walls get so cold in the winter. I had this long pillow that was originally meant for the hammock, but that didn't work. So, I grabbed some fabric from my stash and sewed up a little pillow case for it.


Wren is so proud of her big girl bed. We pulled Maya's old guard rail down from attic and put it on the bed to keep her from rolling. It seems to be working pretty well so far, although I do keep the upstairs baby gate closed while she sleeps, just in case she is to quitely wake up and creep out of bed unnoticed.Total cost of this brand new (to Wren) big girl bed, $5!

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm maybe we should convert Anthony's crib at the house in FM to the daybed when we come home in November since the drop side doesn't work properly anyways....

    ReplyDelete